LinkRunner 10G Advanced Ethernet Tester
Price on request
Available, delivery time 3-5 days
Introducing the new LinkRunner 10G Advanced Ethernet Tester, the most cost effective solution for 10 Gig network testing. LinkRunner 10G simplifies testing and configuration of copper and fiber Ethernet networks, streamlining workflows by combining essential functions of installation and triage in a single, ruggedized unit.
The next generation Android based tester delivers complete network validation and troubleshooting, from the media (copper/fiber) to the application (Layers 1-7), accelerating deployments, speeding problem identification and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of network installers and operations teams.
- Install, test, verify and troubleshoot technology upgrades, Multi-Gig (NBASE-T) and10G networks with advanced Android based troubleshooting apps and purpose built test hardware
- Physical layer testing includes cable (TDR) testing, toning, wiremapping and cable SNR (Signal-to Noise Radio) for Multi Gig links
- Compatibility with standards compliant SFPs enables test and validation of any wired media (copper or fiber) for a variety of use models
- Validate up to 90W 802.3bt PSE with TruePower loaded Power over Ethernet (PoE) test
- Serves as a peer to the EtherScope nXG for line-rate performance testing to verify network capacity, performance and QoS, as well as service provider SLAs between sites
Flexible Platform for a variety of testing needs
The LinkRunner 10G has two Ethernet ports. The main test RJ-45 port supports Multi-Gig networks from 10/100/1000 Mbps to 2.5/5/10G to verify link speed, SNR and duplex advertised and connected. It can request and verify PoE power under load from uip to 90W PSE´s. Alternatively, it can interface to fiber networks via single/multi mode SFP+ to test 1/10Gbps fiber based Ethernet. The second RJ-45 management port connects to 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet for remote control, and conducts network scanning and tests where needed. It is also the port for cable testing.
In addition to fiber optic transceivers (SX, LX, SR, LR, ZX, singlemode, multimode, etc.) the SFP+ slot can be utilized with a variety of standards-based interfaces, such as TwinAx or other Direct Attach Copper (DAC) cables, and vendor specific transceivers.
As an Android based device, LinkRunner 10G can use a variety of apps from the Live-Live app store for a variety of uses. The USB-A port provides connectivity for added USB adapters and third party accessories such as printers, barcode scanners, fiber optic inspection cameras and more. The use of a USB based WiFi adapter (such as the Edimax AC1200 for 802.11ac/b/g/n) provides for connectivity and wireless testing using a third party app.
The USB-C port is compatible with higher power USB-C chargers, as well as external power packs for all day portable use.
Simplifies tasks and empowers technicians to verify complex networks with the next generation AutoTest
The LinkRunner 10G has out-of-the-box AutoTest profiles with best practice pass/fail thresholds for quick assessment of network configurations and services.
AutoTest Element Configurations include:
- Switch port PoE validation up to 90W from PSE and TruePower load testing
- 802.1x autthentication
- Link speed/duplex advertised vs. actual, Multi-Gig link SNR measurement
- VLAN tagged traffic detection & monitoring
- Witch port identification with interface stats, connected devices and drill-down
- DHCP availability, response time, automatic detection fo 2nd DHCP offer and connect log
- DNS lookup (forward/reverse) availability and response time
- Gateway availability and response time
- Active connection test targets (Ping or TCP Connect)
- End-user response time measurement via HTTP
Multiple profiles can be created for complex networks with multiple VLANs supported per switch port, each with its own set of IP targets. These can then be organized into profile groups that execute each test against each profile in sequence. The result is that multiple VLANs can be verified and documented in one go. Since the pre-defined profiles can be executed individually, the profiles group serves as a resource for technicians to verify each specific VLAN during troubleshooting. With profile groups, engineers can transfer their network configuration and test knowledge to technicians, saving training time and effort.
Multi-Gig Link Validation
With the expanding deplayment of Multi-Gig switching (typically to feed greater bandwith to WiFi 6 access points), users are finding that their cable plant may not support the desired speed. Cable quality, length, installation workmanship, and noise in the environment all can contribute to "downshifting" to lower-than-expected-speeds.
- Cabling SNR Measurement - LinkRunner 10G can now verify copper media for Multi-Gig capability (1 / 2.5 / 5 / 10G), and provide root cause diagnosis when link speed downshifting occurs.
24 hour monitoring for intermittent issues
Periodic AutoTest: In this mode, AutoTest runs at specified intervals (from 1 minute to 24 hours) and sends the results to Link-Live to view the results over time. This is an effective way to "monitor" aspects of your network for an extended period, or to help diagnose intermittent issues without having to manually execute multiple tests. Results are automatically timestamped and can be prefixed with a user-entered comment for grouping or organization. Test results can be quickly analyzed in Link-Live using the filtering and sorting functions. Email notifications can warn you when errors are found.
10G copper/fiber wired performance tests for critical links and key devices
The LinkRunner 10G works as a test peer with the EtherScope nXG Network Performance Test (NPT) to stress critical network links, such as switch ports to servers/storag/WiFi access points, uplinks or WAN links, with up to four simultaneous data streams at up to 10G line rate. It verifies the link´s compliance to service level agreements (SLA) based on throughput, packet loss, QoS, delay and jitter.
This performance test can be run at up to full line rate in order to measure the top end bandwith and quality of your network from end-to-end, or for particular network segments. It can also be utilized to bench test switches for optimal configuration prior to rollout into production. For troubleshooting on a production network (where excessive test traffic could be detrimental), many users will configure the NPT feature with a low stream of traffic (even just 128 Kbps) in order to characterize network quality, identify possible packet loss, delay and jitter and validate Qos.
Settings for data streams and thresholds for VoIP or video service can be stored and recalled where needed, saving configuration time.
For key servers/services in the cloud or internet, engineers can pre-define tests and thresholds to verify their connectivity and performance using ping, TCP connect, HTTP or FTP. Continuous testing with response time measurements is available to verify consistency and identify intermittent issues. These tests can be easily recalled by field technicians to reduce configuration time or mistakes, to get more done faster.
List of problems automatically detected by LinkRunner 10G discovery enabled
- Bad Subnet Mask
- Duplicate IP Address
- DHCP server not responding
- LinkRunner 10G received used IP from DHCP
- LinkRunner 10 lost DHCP lease
- max clients on SSID
- high interface utilization*
- high interface errors*
- high FCS errors*
- high packet discards*
- detected half-duplex interfaces
- high CPU unilization*
- high disk utilization*
- high memory utilization*
- recent device reboot*
- spanning tree topology change
- SNMPv3 Agent Responded to SNMPv1/v2 Query
(* problems detected wither user-definable threshold)
Additional troubleshooting tools
Packet capture: You can capture up to 10G line rate to create a PCAP file of up to 1 GB. Packet slicing and filtering are supported and PCAp files can be uploaded to the Link-Live cloud service for easy sharing.
Cable test: determine length, shorts, and split pairs and locate opens on UTP cable. Verify the wiremap of UTP and ScTP cable with a WireView adapter. It can generate either analog tone or the unique digital tone for the Fluke Networks IntelliTone Probe for quick cable tracing.
Android Apps: users can download apps from the Link-Live app store to accomplish many tasks in addition to testing.
Automated test results management
Serving as a centralized test result and device management system, the free Link-Live cloud service transforms team workflows with the ability to quickly and easily log, document and report test activity from all LinkSprinter, LinkRunner AT, LinkRunner G2, LinkRunner 10G, AirCheck G2 handheld network testers.
Once the instrument is connected to the Link-Live cloud service, your test results are automatically uploaded to the dashboard for project management and reporting. You have the option of uploading additional files, screenshots, images, profiles, packet captures, location information and comments anytime. Also, certain NetAlly instruments with AllyCare support can receive firmware updates "over the network" from Link-Live as they become available.
An API is available to retrieve and integrate data from Link-Live into other management platforms, such as your trouble ticket application or network management system. This gives you the ability to easily provide proof-of-performance and better manage jobs and staff efficiency.
This unified dashboard of both wired and WiFi network connectivity results enables you to:
- reduce results management overhead for multiple testers and users
- enables seamless collaboration between site personnel and remote experts
- Attach photos, user comments to each result, adding context for future changes and troubleshooting
- for asset management, ability to associate serial numbers of installed devices, and/or cable/walljack label to specific test results
WiFi network visibility
With the use of a USB-A based WiFi adapter (such as Edimax AC1200 for 802.11ac/b/g/n) provides for connectivity and wireless testing using a third party apps, available for download from the Link-Live app store. While not nearly as powerful as the tools available in EtherScope nXG or AirCheck G2, this capability provides an essential level of visibility where needed. Note, other than the upload/attachment of screen captures, there is no integration from third party apps with Link-Live. Information collected from these apps can not be saved to Link-Live (another reason to utilize EtherScope nXG or AirCheck G2 for WiFi troubleshooting.)
AllyCare - Enabled features deliver advanced troubleshooting capabilities
(The following features below are only available to customers with AllyCare support on their LinkRunner 10G. Visit support.netally.com/allycare
Discovery - Know who and what is on your network
The LinkRunner 10G discovery app automatically discovers your network immediatley upon power-up. The discovery provides quick security and health audits of the network devices across multiple VLANs and subnets.
Devices are classified and correlated to provide complete visibility of thier name, network addresses, VLAN, SSID, device type, and where available, traffic statistics. Engineers can name and set authorization status for devices discovered. Discovery results can be directly uploaded to the complimentary Link-Live cloud service for storage, conduct detailed analysis of devices discovered with filter and sort tools, or export to CSV/PDF files as documentation.
LinkRunner´s discovery can be enriched by accessing SNMP MIBs of infrastructure devices. It shows details such as device configuration summary, interface configuration and traffic detail, SSIDs supported by WiFi controllers, and devices directly connected to switches. Community strings entered are concealed from view.
Discover possible security risks caused by users and others: 2nd DHCP offers indicating possible rogue servers, unknown switches granting access to multiple devices.
The LinkRunner 10G´s discovery automatically detects problems. It shows possible cause(s) for each problem detected, and it has integrated troubleshooting tools to investigate further to get to root cause.
Drill into switch interfaces via SNMP for additional diagnostics, including trend graphs on utilization, errors, discards, half-duplex (HDX), RSTP and recent reboots.
Shows the switch/router path connecting the LinkRunner 10G to an IP device on across wired and WiFi networks and even beyond the local network, e.g., from the LinkRunner 10G´s test port to a server in the cloud or data center. The LinkRunner 10G offers built-in tools to conduct further analysis of the devices along the path: view configuration, interface traffic statistics, launch Telnet of browser, conduct port scan, ping and more.
Simple "Access-Anywhere" Remote Control
LinkRunner 10G permits a remote engineer to control the EtherScope nXG "out of band" (using VNC) to collaborate with technicians on-site, or to troubleshoot remotely where there is no local staff.
But connecting to distant sites via VNC on different networks is difficult or impossible, particularly behind NAT firewalls. With the AllyCare-enabled web remote control, users can instantly connect to remote units through the Link-Live cloud service - anywhere in the world - for collaborative and remote troubleshooting.
Network Topology Mapping - Integrated Wired and WiFi Network Diagrams
No more struggling to keep manually drwan maps up to date! LinkRunner 10G (with AllyCare support) automatically discovers both your wired and WiFi networks for instant mapping in NetAlly´s Link-Live cloud service. These comprehensive, up-to-the-minute-accurate network diagrams show your network as it is NOW, integrating Layer 2 and Layer 3 topology information, including these connections: switch to host, switch to Access Point, Access Point to WiFi client, switch to switch, switch to router and router to router hops.
Now, users can now interact with the network in a flexible map-based user interface to quickly visually identify configuration and topology issues, speeding troubleshooting and automatically create network documentation.
The LinkRunner 10G´s patented discovery engine gathers data from its wired connection (via SNMP and other methods) and from the air (observing WiFi traffic) to generate comprehensive network connectivity maps.
Easy to use filters and map controls allow you to see exactly what you want and how you want it displayed. Quickly identify network and device configuration errors and see "unknown" switches and rogue devices. Element icons are color-coded to identify errors or warnings; double-clicking on any map element brings up its detailed discovery information, including status, problems, interface information and more.
The importance of visualizing your network
The faster engineers can "see" what is going on in their network, to know who is on the network and where they are connected, and what the path is from "here to there", the faster they can get to root cause when troubleshooting performance issues. This is especially true for maintenance organizations or system integrators who often troubleshoot an "unknown" network. The problem is that traditional methods (CLI or element managers) take too long and present complex data that´s often hard to interpret and difficult to correlate.
Documentation is an essential step for any project, such as pre-deployment network assessments and new technology rollouts, but it can take too much time to complete. From the graphical map based user interface, one click sends the map data through a Visio file generator, pre-populating the diagram with all discovered devices, links, and corresponding configuration information, saving hours of manual effort, allowing further customization.
Ideal for enterprises or service organizations, LinkRunner 10G´s mapping function saves hours of manual labor, allowing documentation to keep up as the network changes, or provide instant maps for client projects.
- Dimensions: 4.05 in x 7.67 in x 2.16 in (10.3 cm x 19.5 cm x 5.5 cm)
- Weight: 1.68 oz (0.77 kg)
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack (7.2V, 6.4 A, 46 Wh)
- Display: 5.0 in color LCD with capacitive touch screen (720 x 1280 pixels)
- Host inferfaces: RJ-45 and SFP Analysis ports, RJ-45 cable test port and management port, USB Type-A port and USB Type-C On-the-Go port
- SD card slot: supports micro SD storage - up to 64GB supported
- Memory: Approx. 8 GB available for storing test results and user applications, 1 GB packet capture buffer
- Charging: USB Type-C 45W adapter: 100-240 Vac, 50-60 Hz; DC output power 15 V (3 A)
- Media Access: Copper: 10M/100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10G - Fiber SFP Adapters: 1G/10GBASE-X
- Supported IEEE Standards: Wired: 802.3/ab/ae/an/bz/i/u/z - PoE: 802.3af/at/bt/, Class 0-8 and UPOE
- Cable Test: Pair lenghts, opens, shorts, split pairs, crossed, straight through and WireView ID Multi-Gig link Signal-to-Noise (SNR) measurement (5 db threshold)
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 113°F (0°C to +45°C)
- Operating relative humidity (% RH without condensation): 90% (50°F to 95°F; 10°C to 35°C) - 75% (95°F to 113°F; 35°C to 35°C)
- Storage temperature: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to +60°C)
- Shock and vibration: Meets the requirements of MIL-PRF-28800F for Class 3 Equipment
- Safety: IEC 61010-1:2010: Pollution degree 2
- Altitude Operating: 4.000 m; Storage: 12.000 m
- EMC: IEC 61326-1: Basic Electromagnetic Environment; CISPR 11: Group 1, Class A
- conforms to relevant European Union directives
- conforms to relevant Australian Safety and EMC standards
- complies with 47 CFR Part 15 requirements of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission
- listed by the Canadian Standards Association