Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 2-4 workdays
- Order number: 1010
The Power over Ethernet (PoE) Tester, connected to an RJ-45 outlet, tests the cabling infrastructure for the presence of power, either IEEE802.3af or IEEE802.3 at standard compliant. The PoE Tester identifies the existence and type of Power Sourcing Equipment (either Endspan or Midspan) in your network.
- Tests RJ-45 outlet for Power over Ethernet existence
- Works over Cat5 or better cable
- IEEE 802.3af midspans and switches
- Cisco pre-standard in-line switches
- High Power midspans
- Power over 2 pairs or 4 pairs
- Compact design specifically tailored for system integrators and installers
- Plug and play for ease of use
A PoE system comprises a PSE (Power Sourcing Equipment) and a PD (Powered Device).
The PSE may either be an Endspan (i.e. a layer 2 Ethernet Switch with integrated PoE) or a Midspan, while the PD is a PoE-enabled terminal, such as IP phone, Wireless LAN access point and Network Security Camera.
The PoE tester will check your RJ-45 outlet for power and identify its source, Midspan or Endspan, i.e.IEEE 802.3af, 802.3at or UPoE/EEPoE standard compliant Midspans/Switches.
How to use the PoE Tester:
- Connect a standard category 5 or better cable with RJ-45 connectors to the PoE tester and the RJ-45 outlet (See diagram).
- Check the LED indicators on the front panel for power and source (PoE switch,Midspan or High Power Midspan).
- The lit-pattern of LEDs will identify amount of power, and whether it is over 2 or 4 pairs.
- .. (this should match the colors in the picture of the midspan green LED/OFF LED – 802.3af standard level PoE powering- over spare pairs (PoE source = midspan)
green LED/OFF LED – 802.3af standard level PoE powering- over spare pairs (PoE source = midspan)
OFF LED/Green LED – 802.3af standard level PoE powering – over data pairs (PoE sourc = Switch)
Blue LED / OFF LED – 802.3at standard level PoE powering – over spare pairs (PoE source = Midspan)
OFF LED / Blue LED – 802.3at standard level PoE powering – over data pairs (PoE source = Switch)
Green LED / Green LED – 802.3af standard level PoE powering, using all 4 pairs
Blue LED / Blue LED – 802.3at standard level PoE powering, using all 4 pairs – 60W